Technology at SBA
Sugar Bowl Academy utilizes an array of technological resources to enhance students' learning experiences. Through the use of blended learning, flipped teaching models and a school-wide one-to-one iPad program, SBA is forging new dynamic and more efficient paths in learning.
iPads at SBA
Beginning in the 2012-13 school year, all students are required to bring a charged iPad with them to school on a daily basis. The iPad supports several school-wide instructional and institutional goals including:
- ongoing improvements to the learning experience for each one of our student-athletes whether on-campus or off
- streamlining our technologically platforms to promote interaction and communication between teachers and students
- providing teachers with new instructional materials and ways to interact with students
- reducing the physical load our students carry around the country with bulky textbooks which often contribute to extra baggage fees
- reducing our carbon footprint by decreasing our use of paper textbooks and printouts
Get an iPad
During the 2016-2017 school year, all students will be required to have one of the following technological devices with them every day:
- iPad with a keyboard OR
- Both a laptop and an iOS (apple) mobile device. The apple mobile device could be an iPhone, an iPad mini, or an iPad.
A majority of our textbooks are digital editions that can be read on a number of mobile devices, though we do have a few courses in which we'll continue to use print editions.
Apps We're Using
- Explain Everything
- Quick Office Pro